Monday, July 14, 2014

Lost and Found

My previous post on books is based on borrowed books from the library which I belong to for the past one decade. During those period I did not encounter any problem with the library. However things took turn when I failed to return a book. I have lost it. Since I never sees it, I didn't take any action to rectify the matter.

I did consider to purchase another as replacement but I never get around to actually buy one. The most disappointing part is, I didn't get a chance to read it before its disappearance. Sadly, I have not been to the library since then. I no longer have access to the books that are on my 'to read list'.

When hubby and myself rearrange the furniture before the arrival of our bundle of joy, we found the book sandwiched between the bed mattress and its bottom frame. I read books before going to sleep, but how it managed to sneak underneath? Still remains a mystery to me.


Till today, I still have the book. I have finished reading it but the book is yet to be returned. I called the library to inquire on the possibility of purchasing the book instead of return it to the library. I was told that I still need to pay the fines (20
¢ /day) on top of the book price.



If I took the inisiative to call the library the moment I feels that it would be sometime before I found the book, I could have purchase it from the library instead of paying the fines. Now instead of having a book I still have to pay the fines.



If I were to reflect on those one decade or more, I would say I have got my money back as this is the first occurance ever. All the books I managed to read during those years should be able to cover the fines which I estimated at about less than RM 30.00. The book retail value is at RM 39.90.




If it were a book that I bought, I would not mind having it disappear before having it resurface few years later.


Well, it kind of making me value books more in future if there is any lesson I learnt from all of this.


No comments:

Post a Comment