Sunday, January 6, 2013

2013 RESOLUTION

This year I decided to follow one of Trent's Money Rule upon reading his 365 Ways to Live Cheap (Revisit) series through out 2012 on saving. Yup he provided 365 ways on how to do it and I decided to prioritise only 1 of it which is - score for every dollar saved from discounts. I do not intend to follow religously as my intention is to ensure I do saving from the discounted items.

All this while I do seach for bargain. However this year I would follow the rule to score the saved dollar to a saving instead of spending the save on other item. To date I have managed to save approximately RM13 and its only the sixth day of the year! Pat in the back. Woot woot.

I have been applying few other Trent's tricks on spending i.e. the '10 second rule', '1 month rule' and '1 hour research for every $100 to be spent on an item'. I found these rules are a big help in avoiding temptations, making me being more sensible when making decision before any purchase. I am not devoated to it tho, mostly it assist me to be a moderate when it comes to spending and allows me to stretch my ringgit.

Another financial resolution is to be diligant in keeping my book, updating every single cent spent. I have been doing it for close to five (5) years. That long and yet I failed to sum it annually. I would normally feel discourage once I realized I spent more than my earnings. I trully break the 'spent less than you earn' rule. Its really dishearthening to see the negative figures. I would only feel encourge to jot the daily expenses if I managed to see a positive figure at then end of the month or I would feel useless doing it.

So this year, I pray hard that I would be able to save tru the above mentioned method, spend according to the rule as basis and monitor my spending by proper book keeping for a po$itive future outlook. Amin.

No comments:

Post a Comment